Research areas. The main active research areas at our Department of Mathematics are:
- harmonic and functional analysis,
- mathematical logic and category theory,
- commutative algebra and computer algebra,
- complex projective geometry,
- analytic number theory,
- arithmetic geometry and algebraic number theory,
- geometrical methods in physical theories,
- mathematical aspects of quantum mechanics and algebraic quantum field theory,
- probability and mathematical statistics,
- numerical analysis and computational methods with applications in medical imaging, neurosciences and astrophysics.
Application. Students have to apply by filling in the application form available at the “Bando di Ammissione al XXXIV ciclo del Dottorato di ricerca” web page of the University of Genova. The deadline for the application is the 12th of June 2018. Further information about the application can be found at that link.
Number of positions. There are 6 positions available for the Graduate Programme in “Mathematics and Applications” and 1 in the Graduate Programme “Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis” on some specific research projects whose detailed description can be found in the official call. All these positions will start in November 2018.
Financial support. There are 5 grants available for students applying for the Programme “Mathematics and Applications” and 1 for the Programme “Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis”. Regarding the positions available for the Programme “Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis”, one of them is financed by IMATI-CNR.
Indam DP Cofund 2015. The PhD Programme in Mathematics is also partner in the following project Indam DP Cofund . Further positions for international students will be available through that project. The deadline for applying to those positions is the 30th of June 2018. Further information are available at the following link.
Director of the Graduate Program: Prof. Stefano Vigni
Administrative officers: Mr. Ettore Ginestra, Mr. Michele Merello