Research areas. The main active research areas at our Department of Mathematics are:
- harmonic and functional analysis,
- mathematical logic and category theory,
- commutative algebra and computer algebra,
- algebraic and complex geometry,
- analytic number theory,
- algebraic number theory and arithmetic geometry,
- geometrical methods in physical theories,
- mathematical aspects of quantum mechanics and algebraic quantum field theory,
- probability and mathematical statistics,
- numerical analysis and computational methods with applications in medical imaging, neurosciences and astrophysics.
Application. Students have to apply by filling in the application form available at the “Bando di Ammissione al XXXVI ciclo del Dottorato di ricerca” web page of the University of Genova and also at the web page for the English version. The deadline for the application is the 15th of June 2020. Further information about the application can be found at that link.
Number of positions. There are 5 positions available for the Graduate Programme in “Mathematics and Applications” and 4 in the Graduate Programme “Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis” on some specific research projects whose detailed description can be found in the official call. These positions, all of which are covered by grants, will start in November 2020.
Indam DP Cofund 2015. The PhD Programme in Mathematics is also partner in the following project Indam DP Cofund .
Director of the Graduate Program: Prof. Stefano Vigni
Administrative officers: Mr. Ettore Ginestra, Mr. Michele Merello